Dedicated to improving the lives of the Elderly
Lions Home for the Elders understands the importance of providing quality care for the elderly in Singapore and offers residential services for the destitute, frail and aged sick.
A voluntary welfare organisation that is one of the first few nursing homes to be accredited as an Approved Service Provider by the Ministry of Health, Lions Home for the Elders strives to provide residents with a sense of dignity and maximum independence possible while they are receiving medical and nursing care and undergoing rehabilitation.
WISHLIST - Updated 2 October 2013
Many of you would like to donate food and miscellaneous items to the Lions Home and are not sure what is required. Below is a list of items which would always be useful.
Do try to deliver items during office hours (9am-6pm) on weekdays (Mon-Fri) when we have staff on duty to receive and record the donated items. If possible, please include the receipts for our auditing purpose.
- Boneless chicken leg and parts (Fresh/Frozen)
- Boneless fish fillets (Fresh/Frozen)
- Finger food (Chicken Franks/Crab Meat Stick/Breaded Scallop)
- Fresh Vegetables
- Fresh Fruits (Papaya/ Watermelon/ Banana/ Fresh fruit puree)
- White Rice
- Yellow noodle
- Vegetable cooking oil
- Nespray Fortified Milk Powder refill packs
- 3-in-1 Coffee
- Sponge/Pandan Cakes (please avoid raisins, peanuts, chocolate chips, corns as they are potential choking hazards for residents)
- Assorted Cream Biscuits
- Individual Packet Cake Rolls/Pies (preferably with less sugar)
- Packet Fruit Juice (individual 250ml packs)
- Bath Towels (water absorbent and durable for industrial washing)
- Elderly Bibs (cloth)
- Shampoo & Shower foam (hypoallergenic and mild ones)
- Talcum powder (hypoallergenic)
- Kitchen paper towels
- Jumbo toilet paper
- Black trash bag 48" x 36"
- White trash bag 19" x 19"
WANTED: Sponsors For Residents On Special Diets
One of the challenges in caring for the residents is to ensure that they receive sufficient nutrition in their diet as many have diminished appetites due to their medical conditions.
At Lions Home for the Elders, more than 20% of the residents require nutritional supplements in their diets in addition to their regular meals. These milk powders are often added to a drink before being taken orally. For those who have difficulty swallowing or are on life support, their nutritional supplements are administered through nasogastric tubes.
These residents often require special diets for their total nutritional needs. Not all nutritional supplements are the same. ‘Ensure’ is a common nutritional drink which most of the residents who require supplements are taking. However a select few require specific non-standard nutritional supplements, such as ‘Glucerna’ powder for diabetics, as prescribed by their doctors.
The costs of these non-standard nutritional supplements range from $180-$380 per month which is beyond the means of some of the family members and those on public assistance.
|Training & Education|
The Lions Home for the Elders has been approved as an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) from 27/04/2011 to 26/04/2014.
All cash donations are eligible for tax-exemptions.