Roles and Responsibilities of Governance Committee
The role of the Governance Committee of the Lions Home For The Elders (LHE) is to advise the Management Board on matters relating to the Board’s governance, structure and processes, the effectiveness of the Board and its members and to ensure that the Board fulfils its legal, ethical and functional roles and responsibilities.
Chairman of LHE Management Board
Members of LHE Executive Committee
Assisted and Supported by
Chief Executive Officer
- To ensure that Board policies and procedures are in place, periodically reviewed, and changes recommended as required.
- To provide the process for succession of Board Members and Chief Executive Officer.
- To review Board self-evaluation processes and make recommendations if needed to review Board development and policies.
- To ensure that the Board, its committees and members comply with guidelines as set out in the LHE Board of Directors Handbook.
- To ensure LHE complies with Corporate Governance Policies and Guidelines.
- To assist the Board in periodically updating and reviewing its primary areas of focus based on the strategic plan, the annual board assessment, and with an annual review of a plan for board development in line with the organisation’s mission, goals, objectives, programmes and services.
Board Nomination and Election
- Process and procedures for nomination, election and appointments to the Board shall be in compliance with LHE Constitution and By-Laws, and other legal requirements.
- Ongoing recruitment of members with necessary skills/traits and strengths as Board members.
Frequency of Meetings
Four times a year
Policy of Avoidance of Potential Conflict of Interest
LHE, including all its Directors and staff, shall avoid any conflict between their own respective personal, professional or business interests and the interests of LHE, in any and all actions taken by them on behalf of LHE in their respective capacities.
The Board of Directors reviews the conflict of interest policy annually and completes the Policy on Conflict of Interest and Declaration, Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement and Disclosure of Statement in January every year; key staff also declared conflict of interest at the beginning of the year.
Whistle Blowing Policy
LHE is committed to maintaining high standards of professionalism, accountability and integrity in its conduct of business, and does not tolerate any form of unethical, illegal, dishonest and improper activity.
The whistleblowing policy aims to provide an avenue for LHE employees and external parties to report an activity that he/she considers to be unethical, illegal, dishonest or improper, without fear of reprisal or unfair treatment. Some examples of such activities are as follow (non-exhaustive):
- Misappropriation of funds;
- Bribery/Corruption; or
- Harassment or discrimination, etc.
If a person suspects that the LHE or its partner(s) of any misconduct stated in the above paragraph and he/she wishes to submit a report, the report shall be addressed to the Chairman of the LHE Audit Committee via either of the following channels:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Mailing Address: 9 Bishan Street 13 Singapore 579804
The report shall consist of the following (non-exhaustive):
- Names of people involved;
- Names of any witnesses;
- Date, time and location of the misconduct;
- Details of any proof; and
- How often the incident has happened (for recurring incidents).
For an effective investigation and evaluation, the whistleblower is encouraged to identify himself/herself, provide his/her contact details and give as much specific information as possible on the concern raised. All concerns and/or identity of the whistleblower will be treated with strict confidentiality.
The Lions Home For The Elders Code Compliance can be viewed on the Charity Portal, which is the fourth tab on the landing page in the link provided.